The feedback I got from last week’s Blog and Live Video were overwhelmingly awesome and there was one common theme! Y’all asked for it and I’m always here to deliver! After several years, I’m finally doing a tutorial on how to apply false eye lashes without gluing your eyes shut!
And that got me thinking…
There’s so many parallels in learning how to apply false lashes quickly and easily with the success habits of highly successful entrepreneurs! Stick with me here… I promise it will make sense!
Success habits have been top of mind for me lately as I was just featured on Amy Porterfield’s Online Marketing Made Easy Podcast all about that where she brought on a group of her friends and peers like New York Times Best Selling Authors, Gabrielle Bernstein and Luvvie Ajayi Jones. She also brought on social media marketing geniuses, Neil Patel, John Lee Dumas, Patrice Washington, Zafira Rajan and me! CLICK HERE to listen to this podcast or bookmark it for later.
When it comes to being a personal brand business it’s all about learning to embrace the very many fears that get thrown our way. It’s a part of being brave enough to be an entrepreneur in the first place and take the road less travelled with a whole heck of a lot less guarantees along the way.
But like Steve Jobs famously said, “Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… the ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
Here are my Top 3 Success Habits… and yes, it’s just like learning how to apply lashes!
Whether it’s your big business goals like your next Live Launch, doing your first Live Video or applying false lashes, in order to be successful you need to adopt these three success habits that I’ve adopted into every area of my life.
For business projects this looks like:
- Plan – Braindump all your initial ideas, possibilities, concepts and get it out on paper.
- Create – Organize and prioritize all the most important ideas into sequential steps.
- Execute – Take action! It’s only action that creates initial and further CLARITY! ACTION CREATES CLARITY! You must Go and DO! That is how you reveal what the next step to plan is and how you never get stuck in overthinking or overwhelm. Taking action is the cure for all of this!
For applying false lashes this looks like:
- Plan – Research which type and brand of lashes and glue and order/buy them! I did the work for you and shared my favs in last weeks blog. CLICK HERE for the details on where to get the exact ones I demo in the video above at the 12:10 mark!
- Create – As I show in the video at the 12:30 mark, you can’t skip this all-important step to create successful results which is to measure and trim the lashes to fit the length of your unique eye shape!
Next, you have to apply just the tiniest amount of glue across the lashes and most importantly, WAIT a good 20-30 seconds for the glue to dry down a bit, tackier and not so slippery! This is how you easily apply the lash strip to your lash line without it moving around all over the place making a huge mess and gluing your eyes shut! This is KEY!
- Execute – Take Action and apply your lashes now that you’ve waited for the glue to be ready! As I show you exactly how at the 18:20 mark, the way you position your face and eye lid helps the process of applying your lashes! Tilt your chin UP, pull your eye brow up and look down towards the tip of your nose which helps to stretch your eye lid out taut! That’s it! So easy peasy!
**Remember my tip! Don’t rush this process of practicing and experimenting when you’re NOT in a time crunch! The time to learn how to apply lashes is when you’re not in a hurry! As my Dad always says, “Haste makes waste” and I’d add, lashes that become glued shut! ha!
Get excited for next week when I’m back for my next Weekly Facebook Live Show, every Wednesday at 4:00pm PT!
If you’re not already on my email list, Click HERE to go to my website homepage to add yourself now in the opt-in box and also be included to my VIP Waitlist for my long running Signature Group Coaching Program, Lights Camera Branding which will be opening again for the final time this year in the late fall!
Don’t forget to let me know how you go with your Planning, Creating and Executing for your biz plans as well as your newly found skills to apply false lashes like a total PRO!
With Grit & Grace, xo!
Tiffany aka Coach Glitter