Have you ever wondered, “what the heck am I going to post on social media today”?
Or, maybe you’ve realized it’s been a few days, a few weeks, or even a month since you’ve been consistently doing your Facebook Lives? And, you’re wondering what the heck am I going to share today?
One thing I’ve learned as an online business owner is that there are different places that we can look out to in the world to get inspiration and motivation for the content that we get to share on social media.
In my latest Facebook Live video I share:
- The Magic in Making Public Declarations!
- How to Find Your Tribe!
- The Power of Group Accountability!
The Magic in Making Public Declarations!
Now more than ever in the online marketing space, especially with social media, growing your online business can feel a little daunting. When I first made the transition from my offline business to my online business it certainly didn’t happen overnight and I grew with great patience.
What I’ve learned through the years of growing my business are valuable lessons that have made me a better coach as well as a better business owner into a 7-figure annual business, but it’s what has been vital in helping my students achieve their own thriving personal brand businesses.
Here are just a few of the lessons I’ve learned along the way:
- There is no such thing as an overnight success! It might appear that people come out of nowhere, but in reality, they’ve been in the trenches for a good 10+ years honing in on their skill, developing their voice, and it’s just that we are brand new to them.
- You can look into what’s happening around you for inspiration! One way that we can humanize our brand is by looking at trending topics or what’s happening in the news to tie back into our brand. Such as the post that I shared right at the end of the Super Bowl that blew up on my page about Demi Lovato’s tweet from 10 years ago that said, “One day, I’m gonna sing the national anthem at a super bowl. Onnnee dayyy….” And guess what happened? That one-day happened just a week ago!
- You can use social media to make public declarations of your goals! Demi Lovato wasn’t the only one who manifested their dreams! The quarterback from the winning team, the Kansas City Chiefs, Patrick Mahomes II, tweeted almost 7 years to the date, “I bet it feels amazing to be the quarterback who says ‘I’m going to Disney World’ after winning the Super Bowl.” And, a little over a week ago he was in a parade at Disney World, right next to Mickey!
How amazing is it that you can not only make public declarations but as I talked about last week in my blog about Kobe Bryant’s Mamba Mentality we can absolutely leave a lasting legacy through the power of social media, especially with live video!
I’ve been talking about this a lot lately.
Recently on my blog I shared my interview with my dear friend, Mel Abraham who spoke with us about what he’s learned through his cancer journey. Last week I talked about the recent tragic death of Kobe Bryant, Gianna Bryant, and the seven other amazing people that were in the helicopter crash and how that is a reminder that none of us are promised tomorrow.
That’s why it’s so important to make public declarations of your big dreams, goals, and intentions! You are putting powerful energy and force out into the universe. So, whatever you want to do, set the intention and don’t just keep it to yourself. Set it free into the universe!
How to Find Your Tribe!
One of the things that’s so important as a business owner is to beware of the energy and dream vampires! You have to protect your space because not everyone is going to be happy for you. And, to be honest it’s not about you.
By going after your dreams, you are reminding them that they have the power to do the same. Not everyone has the courage and the gumption to go after their God-given talents, but that shouldn’t stop you!
How I’ve learned to protect my dream and energy is to:
- Be selective and careful of how much information and detail you share with certain people! If you tell someone something one time and their response is not that positive and supportive, that is information for us. It is our choice whether we choose to give that information and share our dreams and our gifts with them again and again.
- Know the people who are going to support you! You want to surround yourself with the people who appreciate and recognize the bigger gifts that God gave you. And, it’s your job to figure out, who you can share that with.
If you don’t have visibility and you’re not being consistent with your business growth then your results will show for it. If you’re letting the dream and energy vampires keep you from showing up consistently, how will you know what’s working and what’s not working?
If you’re one of my Lights Camera Branding students you know that what makes social media so powerful is that there is no more need for perfection. It’s so much more about linking arms, empowering one another, and sharing the things that are working and not working for us in real-time. My students know that live video is still by far the fastest and most effective way to make that impact!
The Power of Group Accountability!
The most powerful thing that you can do to kill those energy and dream vampires while elevating your business and brand so much faster is to create connections, find community, and harbor collaborations!
I would not be where I am today if I hadn’t taken the time to make those connections with like-minded business owners, find the communities where my people are, and harbor the collaborations that have mutually benefitted my students.
Here’s just a few things that have been key to my success as an online business owner:
- Getting to know other people! It’s not just about showing up consistently but to show up and show people who you are.
- Being consistent and patient! You must show up consistently in the beginning stages even when it’s absolutely crickets or you have just had a handful of people joining your live videos, listening to your podcasts, or reading your blogs.
- Don’t be a lonely solopreneur! I was such a lonely solopreneur for such a long time, until I found the right community and connections. It’s why I invest in a 30k mastermind group every year and am headed to our retreat next week for the biz building POWER of community, connections, and collaborations! You were never meant to do this biz thing alone and you don’t have to!
Even if you’re not part of a mastermind or my community, Lights Camera Branding you can still start today by seeking out those like-minded people.
Think about where do you lack the type of support that you need in your life right now? Then, follow my mantra and give twice as much as you received! You can do that in the form of comments, showing up for each other’s live videos, or liking other people’s posts.
You cannot just sit there passively and say “I’m here, I’m posting!” You have to go out and build the reciprocity. When you connect with people and are of service to them first you will build your audience so much faster! I’ve learned through this process of growing my online business that you will make more of the real connections with those people who will support you when you show up genuinely and authentically.
So it’s time to make those public declarations, find your tribe, and get the group accountability you need to make your dreams reality!
Get your spot on my VIP Waitlist!
If you’re not currently one of my amazing Lights Camera Branding students, I invite you to get on the VIP waitlist at LightsCameraBranding.com so you’ll be one of the first to hear when we reopen this spring!
With Grit & Grace, xoxo!
Tiffany aka Coach Glitter