How much money are you leaving on the table by not fully taking advantage of the amazing opportunities that come with affiliate marketing?!
Regardless of your particular niche, affiliate marketing offers you the opportunity to add an extra stream of income to your business. This not only creates more options but safety nets that can protect you and your business!
In this 2-Part Series, I’m going to cover:
💡 How I got started in the online space initially as an affiliate marketer and have done over $3.2 Million Dollars in sales to date,
💡 The different types of affiliate marketing,
💡 How to find affiliate marketing opportunities,
💡 How to promote affiliate products & do it with 100% integrity,
💡 How to get affiliates to promote YOUR PRODUCTS whether you have physical products, services (hello referral marketing), or digital courses/memberships!
Here’s a sneak peek of what we talked about in Part One:
- [9:24] What is affiliate marketing?
- [12:29] Why people used to call me the “Human Yelp?”
- [14:40] How I became an accidental affiliate marketer!
- [19:35] How to find affiliate opportunities!
- [38:03] What you’ll learn next week during part 2!
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is about helping and serving your potential clients and current customers by recommending products or services that you’ve experienced, got the results you wanted, and are happy to tell others about! As an added benefit you are able to earn a commission for sharing the products and services that you use and love.
When you break down the fundamentals of businesses, it’s all about traffic, leads, and sales. With affiliate marketing, you are simply driving your traffic (i.e. audience, friends, family, email list, social media followers) to the products and services that you recommend as solutions for whatever problems they have.
Why People Used to Call Me the “Human Yelp?”
Are you the walking, talking, Human Yelp?! Whether someone is asking for the best restaurants to go to in your town or where to enjoy the best shopping experience, that my friend is affiliate marketing!
You’re just helping your friends save time and money by telling them exactly where to go or what to get. In essence, you’re simply referring them to the products and services you’ve had a great experience with. I bet you’re already doing this! Now you can turn your recommendations into an additional stream of income.
To hear more about how being the Human Yelp can help you serve your audience in a bigger way while bringing an extra stream of income into your business, skip ahead to 12:29.
How I Became an Accidental Affiliate Marketer
The very first dollar I made online was as an affiliate marketer and to date, I have done over $3.2 Million in sales in just the affiliate marketing side of my business!
When I look back at what’s worked for me, it comes down to three things:
- Blogging consistently to become a trusted resource: I started blogging eight years ago when I noticed that I kept getting asked the same eight or nine questions. Blogging became the platform that I used to answer those frequently asked questions which became the main topics that started my blogging business.
- Sharing my story and experiences to real-life friends: In real-time, I was documenting, sharing, and showing the programs I was investing in as I was transitioning from being an offline makeup artist and stylist to building my seven-figure business.
- Showing up on social media consistently: I do not believe you should be everywhere. Instead, pick a primary social media platform to be your number one focus and a secondary social media platform where you’ll repurpose your content.
To hear more about how consistency has enabled me to not only diversify my business but create multiple streams of income skip ahead to 14:40.
How to Find Affiliate Opportunities
No matter where you are in business, I will make the case that you should take very seriously the opportunity to add an additional stream of income to your business! Don’t talk yourself out of it because you think you don’t have enough followers or that you’re too busy. The time to start is NOW!
If you’re wondering how the heck do you find these affiliate opportunities, here are a few places to start:
- Amazon: Most people know about Amazon. There is a simple application process and it’s pretty easy to qualify. What most people don’t know about Amazon is that they have some of the strictest rules when it comes to being an affiliate for them. It is your responsibility to do your own due diligence to make sure you know the rules so that you never lose your ability to be an affiliate.
- Brain dump the tried, tested & true products you’ve purchased, use, and legit love: When you’re thinking about what products and services you want to be an affiliate for, the best place to start is with a brain dump. Think about what you love? What do people ask you about all the time? What is related to your niche that your audience needs? What is going to be a problem solver? Don’t overthink it. Just brain dump!
- Look at the website footer: Continue your research by going to the websites for the products and services that you listed in your brain dump. Scroll down on their homepage to the footer section and look for something that says “affiliate” or “partner program.” Check it out, apply for it, and see what happens.
- Personally call or email: If there is nothing there at the footer of their website, email them or get on the phone and call them. Let them know how much you love their product or service and ask them if they have an affiliate program. If they don’t, you can do like I did and help them create it!
To hear more about the strategy I used to help the folks at Stellar Lighting Systems’, the creators of the Stellar Diva Ring Light, create their affiliate program and become their first affiliate marketer, skip ahead to 19:35.
What You’ll Learn Next Week During Part 2
Now that I’ve lit up all those lightbulbs, in part two of our training we’re going to bring this all together! We’re going to talk specifically about how you can promote affiliate products and services with integrity and how to get affiliates for your own products and services!
If you want a sneak peek of the top-level we’ll be talking about next week to utilize affiliate products within your own live launches check out my free resource page at CoachGlitter.com/resources.
With Grit & Grace, xo!
Tiffany aka Coach Glitter