Are you pumped up for Part 2 of my Affiliate Marketing 101 Mini-Series?!
This was such a jam-packed topic that I had to turn it into a two-parter for you so that you could easily take in the information, understand it, and take fast inspired action with little baby steps!
In Part 1 we covered:
If you missed Part 1 of my Affiliate Marketing 101 Mini-Series, you can check it out right HERE!
Today we’re going to wrap up this business changing, idea exploding conversation with the final two very important steps:
💡 How to PROMOTE and Send TRAFFIC to Affiliate Products & Do It with 100% INTEGRITY!
💡 How to Work with Affiliates for YOUR OWN Products & Services!
It’s more important than ever before to diversify your streams of income. I want to help you set yourself up for even bigger success and options in your business as we head into 2021! This is going to be our very best year yet!
Here’s a sneak peek of what we talked about:
- [10:23] The three types of traffic!
- [14:39] Weekly consistent core content!
- [44:30] Creating your own affiliate, referral, and loyalty programs!
- [46:13] How to implement affiliate programs!
- [53:04] How to do affiliate marketing with integrity!
The Three Types of Traffic
When you’re an online business owner you’re thinking about how you get more eyeballs and get seen. Whether we’re a brick and mortar business or a digital business, we do that by driving traffic!
There are really only three ways to get traffic:
- Organic: This means unpaid. It’s FREE, but you’re paying with your time and sweat equity.
- Paid: It’s what we are doing in the digital world with paid advertising (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, or Google Ads) to reach our potential clients and customers.
- Referral or Word of Mouth: Were other people refer you based on their experience with you.
When I was working solely offline, word of mouth really helped. But when I moved my business to the online space I couldn’t depend on word of mouth. After a year into my online business, the organic traffic started to plateau and the referrals weren’t happening fast enough.
So, I learned how to do ads and I’ve been crushing it ever since. If you want to grow your business bigger and faster, you’re going to combine all three types of traffic in your business!
Weekly Consistent Core Content
Regardless of where you are at, all of us as business owners are content creators, so commit to one thing (i.e. Podcast, Facebook Live, YouTube) that you can do well for at least a year. Seven years ago my one thing was blogging and when live video came about, I combined my blogging endeavors with live video and I have not stopped ever since!
From your weekly consistent core content, you want to repurpose the heck out of it to keep it alive. For me, what that looks like is:
- I do a weekly Facebook Live that I repurpose into a blog post and anything that is relevant I refer to my resource page.
- Next, I cross-promote across Pinterest, the different social media platforms, and email.
- From there I rinse and repeat!
- For as little as $5 a day we run paid ads to keep the content alive.
- We re-invite the people that didn’t open the email the first time to watch the Facebook Live.
- We make sure Pinterest is sending traffic back to the Facebook Live and blog.
The weekly consistent content that you’re doing is building you up and will set you up for success when during your live launches!
A top-level strategy that I’ve been using is creating a list of resources in my final workbook for my live video series. This is a simple way to infuse affiliate marketing into your live launches by recommending affiliate products that can help your audience while offsetting the costs for your live launches!
Skip ahead to 38:49 to hear more about this super effective top-level affiliate marketing strategy.
Creating Your Own Affiliate, Referral, and Loyalty Programs
Whether you’re a brick and mortar business or a digital marketer in the online space, you can create a referral program if you have any of the following three things:
- Student Testimonials – People who rave about your program or have had experiences that have changed their lives.
- Loyal Clients – You’ve had loyal clients that you’ve worked with one-on-one.
- Raving Followers – You have raving followers on social media.
If you have any of those three things and you have a product or service, you can absolutely create an affiliate or referral program of your own!
How to Implement Affiliate Programs
If you’re wondering how you actually create an affiliate or referral program, here are three ways you can do it:
- Individualized Coupon Codes: The easiest thing that you can do is to create an individual coupon code for your students or clients. You want to give credit to the people who send you traffic, but it doesn’t always have to be in exchange for cash. It can be anything from a discount on services to a free product.
- Affiliate Check-Out Systems: Whether you have physical or digital products, you can have affiliate checkout systems where people have actual affiliate links. You can use your existing checkout systems or look into something like Thrive Cart, Lead Dyno, or SamCart.
- All-In-One Digital Program Solutions: You can also utilize all-in-one systems like Kajabi, Click Funnels, or Thinkific. I’m a huge Kajabi fan and have built my online digital business all around Kajabi which literally does everything for you including a built-in affiliate program.
Whatever you’re doing, when choosing a platform, think for the long game so you set yourself up for success!
How to Do Affiliate Marketing with Integrity
You will feel so proud of anything that you recommend because you know that you purchased it and can give your real-life, actual experience. If your best friend came into town and wanted to know where the best restaurant is or what hotel to avoid, you’re trusted by them to give the best recommendation. That’s exactly what you want to do for your clients and customers!
To do affiliate marketing with 100% integrity don’t be like the rest of them. Be a great affiliate marketer and always put your reputation in front of the opportunities. Your brand is part of your reputation, so be the trusted source!
With Grit & Grace, xo!
Tiffany aka Coach Glitter