Have you ever found yourself saying you’re a PERFECTIONIST?
Has PROCRASTINATION kept you from putting yourself out there with your live videos, finally creating that course that you’ve had a burning desire to share, or going all-in on your launch?
I’ve been there too and that’s why I’m sharing with you the three books that every serious entrepreneur should read that has completely changed my life!
I know that’s a big, bold statement but I credit these three books for helping me to stop hiding behind the camera to become the face of my personal brand business which honestly was one of the scariest things I’ve ever done in my whole life and I’ve done a lot of crazy things!
It’s time to stop hiding and to start showing up confidently and excited to serve! This is your time!
Here’s a sneak peek of what we talked about:
- [6:43] The Personal Brand Building Timeline!
- [17:05] My Catalyst to Stop Hiding From Behind the Camera!
- [18:06] The Three Books I Read in 2015 & 2016 That Created Lights Camera Branding!
The Personal Brand Building Timeline
Oftentimes we look at other people and think that they are an overnight success, and wonder why is that not happening for me? The reality is that no one is self-made or an overnight success!
I started online back around 2007 with my first blog on Myspace, and then two years later, I made my first dollar online by creating these custom Bodybugg Bling Bands! After working 15 hour days on set, I would come home around 10 o’clock at night and start working on my side hustle until about 1 o’clock in the morning.
Even though I don’t do that now it got me started and built my reputation as someone that does amazing work. It gave me the confidence to try something different!
In 2012, I started doing one-on-one Skype Consultations. That continued to build my confidence in what I could do, not just with people I get to work with in-person.
I was able to expand from one-on-one in-person things to one-on-one online things. This literally opened me up to a global audience where I could serve more people who are building their businesses from all different niches!
My Catalyst to Stop Hiding From Behind the Camera!
In 2015, I got pushed in front of my first live video on Periscope by my mentor and number one client. I didn’t even know how the app worked and ended up sticking the phone in my pocket while I was backstage at a big event without realizing it was still on. It stayed on in my pocket for at least a good 10 – 15 minutes before someone told me. I was horrified!
As messy, ugly, and imperfect as that start was, I’ve taught over 3,300 students and tens of thousands through my free challenges and live video experiences!
That first live video was the catalyst for me to finally stop hiding from behind the camera and create my 7-figure annual business. There was a lot of messiness, blood, sweat, and tears for me to get here. But, I got there!
The Three Books I Read in 2015 & 2016 That Created Lights Camera Branding!
Check out my book recommendations below and grab your own copies here:
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert: If I don’t have a twinge of something that excites me every day, then I know that I’m not growing. This book is responsible for completing changing my mindset and reframing my perspective on fear. Instead of waiting for fear to go away I now invite it. Fear is the sign that you are on the right track!
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield: Mindset and personal development work is something that you cannot escape, skip, or go around. This book helps to explain why creative types hold ourselves back and don’t position ourselves as the experts that we are. We are often the biggest block for our own breakthroughs and this book tells you how to overcome them!
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown: This book is a must for entrepreneurs, especially my female rockstar entrepreneurs. From personal experience working with thousands of students, the thing that I know about creative, heart-centered entrepreneurs, is that we are people pleasers. This book will help you create barriers and teach you that NO is a complete sentence!
Here are two bonus books I highly recommend!
- Will It Fly? by Pat Flynn: This book came out in 2016, the same year that I was creating the first 1.0 version of my signature program, Lights Camera Branding. I had to take a cross country flight from Orange County, California to Pennsylvania where I was doing styling and makeup behind-the-scenes for a client at QVC Studios. On the way there I read half the book which is all about validating your business idea and beta testing it. In between working with my client and on my way back to California I continued reading the book and taking enough notes to fill up an entire notebook. This book helped me realize I had a lot of holes and testing that I still need to do. I’ve been able to share this story with Pat several times and he invited me onto his podcast the following year after I made my first six figures! If I can do this, you can do this!
- (Un)Qualified by Steven Furtick: Being unqualified, not being ready, imposter syndrome or fear of failure are all excuses that we are using to keep ourselves small and safe. The scariest thing that we really should be avoiding is not living up to what God, the universe, or spirit has created for you to be. This book was created because someone was questioning who Pastor Furtick was to be doing what he was doing. Instead of listening to them, he was able to take that hurtful situation and create something beautiful out of it. Are you going to use your untapped potential to serve others and create amazing things that other people need? Or, will you choose to let that dream die within you? Whichever you choose, it is your choice.
With Grit & Grace, xo!
Tiffany aka Coach Glitter
Leave a Reply