Which platform do we go live on? How do we know where to go live on Facebook when there’s Groups, Personal Pages, Business Pages, oh my!
If you’ve ever felt utterly overwhelmed like your head is spinning from trying to be everywhere (by the way you do NOT, should NOT do that in the beginning and middle stages of biz building!) and don’t know how to strategically plan how to optimize your limited time on social… then you’re absolutely in the right place!
Live Video has never been more important to build a Personal Brand Business and that’s why I’m talking all about:
- How to navigate the many options out there,
- The most important business growth strategies that you’re probably NOT utilizing enough of or AT ALL… yet!
- The ever-changing landscape of social media marketing and the real reason why we go live in 2021! Hello, iOS14 massive marketing changes!
Here’s a sneak peek of what we talked about:
- [7:54] There’s so many social media platforms!
- [12:53] Do your due diligence and do market research!
- [15:36] The foundation of your consistent social media growth strategy!
- [18:20] How often are you doing market research?
- [24:15] The fastest way to grow an engaged audience that converts!
- [34:29] How to become a repurposing machine!
There’s So Many Social Media Platforms
Do you ever feel like you’re being bombarded, or that social media has become the Las Vegas buffet of TOO many options? Even within each platform, there are so many options, i.e. Facebook Personal Pages, Facebook Business Pages, and Facebook Groups.
I want you to mindfully decide right now to flip the switch:
- Choose to look at it from a more positive mindset,
- Say “I have a choice,”
- And I do not have to be everywhere!
Instead of choosing to be overwhelmed, decide that you have a choice of the entire “Las Vegas buffet,” but you have the freedom to pick and chose where you spend your time on social media.
Part of your business is to do market research and do your due diligence to figure out where your ideal customer hangs out. You need to get into the head, heart, mindset, and directly into the shoes of who your perfect ideal customer avatar (ICA) is.
This will help you narrow down how to carefully curate and choose from all the plethora of options out there when it comes to social media platforms. Here’s a few questions to ask yourself:
- Who is your ICA: Oftentimes your ICA is you, but just a few steps behind you in their journey. You have either mastered the same struggles that they are still going through or you’re the mentor that can open the doors that they are still banging their heads on. Either way, now that you’ve overcome it, you can help them do the same.
- Where do they hang out: Sometimes the places you like to hang out, your ICA doesn’t like to hang out. Conversely, sometimes the places you personally don’t like to hang out is where your ICA hangs out. So, you need to go where they are.
- How do you find them: It is your job to learn what they do, what makes them tick, and what their platforms of choice are. If you do not go where they are, they cannot find you and you cannot help them.
As personal brand businesses, it is our duty to use the gift that has been given to us to do our soul work. And it starts with doing your due diligence and doing the market research!
The Foundation of Your Consistent Social Media Growth Strategy
My business is so simple and streamlined because I’m not about complexity. The way that you go about creating the foundation for consistent social media growth is by having a simple plan for regular market research.
This isn’t an exercise that you do once, but part of the lifeline of your business that you’re going to do on the regular. We aren’t showing up on social media just for the sake of showing up but showing up with a strategy and a plan.
Skip ahead to 15:36 to hear more about how regular market research can help you find and serve your ICA so much faster.
How Often Are You Doing Market Research
There are many subtle ways you can learn more about the problems and struggles your ICA is experiencing.
If you’re wondering exactly what market research looks like, here’s a few ideas:
- Tracking trending topics: I use websites, like Medium and SproutSocial, to find the most popular topics in my niche.
- Keyword research: I also do keyword research on websites like, TubeBuddy, Keywords Everywhere and Wordstream, to find out the most popular topics people are searching for.
- Polls, survey customers, and interviews: I love doing polls on my stories and Facebook Lives. I also survey previous clients or students. Lastly, something I learned from Pat Flynn is to randomly choose a few people on your email list or social media to talk to on the phone for 10-minutes each quarter to learn more about their goals, obstacles, and fears.
The worst thing we can do is to assume we know what our ICA needs. By doing market research, your ICA is going to spoonfeed you the exact words that they use to describe the obstacles that are holding them back. That gives you content ideas that you can use for your live videos, blog posts, and social media!
For more tips on how to never run out of social media content ideas and become a content creation machine, check out my blog here.
The Fastest Way to Grow an Engaged Audience That Converts
Regardless of the platform that you’re using, if you’re not currently using social media with a plan, purpose, and strategy, and ignoring live video, you’re doing your business a disservice.
Here’s why you have to focus on making LIVE video the foundation of your social media strategy:
- Fastest connect to build the essential know, like, and trust factor: Nobody is going to buy from you, invest in you, or join your coaching program if they don’t know, like, and trust you. If you don’t have the visibility they won’t know you exist. Even if they do know you exist if you don’t show up with a plan they’re not going to like you long enough to trust you. And, if they don’t trust you they’re not going to buy from you.
- Live video is the lowest barrier of entry for video marketing: It’s the easiest entryway into the world of video marketing. None of us were born with the ability to be amazing on video, but this is a skill that you can develop. While you’re honing in and developing your skills on live video, it’s transferable in so many other ways which gets you invited to those bigger virtual and in-person stages.
- Sets you up for success with the fast-changing social landscape: The changes with iOS14 will make it a whole more challenging for us as business owners, but that is what business is. We don’t know what’s going to happen next, but we don’t complain about changes. Instead, we figure out how can we get this to work for us!
By doing this you’ll be arming yourself, strengthening those muscles, and setting yourself up for long-term business success.
How to Become a Repurposing Machine
I know more than ever with so many different platforms that you need to know how to choose the platforms that are the best for you. Knowing this will allow you to selectively curate one to two platforms that you focus on and over time you’ll build out the framework to batch and repurpose content.
The framework for how I do build my business and weekly social media content is:
- Pick the social media platform where I’m going to create one, central, weekly piece of consistent content.
- Use that as the core 60-70% of the content.
- Create all the other pieces of content from that one main piece of content.
If you only remember one thing, I want you to know that you do not have to be on every single social media platform. Choose one that allows you to create content once and repurpose it in other ways so that you can start working smarter and not harder!
Free 3-Part Live Video Training Series
If you’re not already signed up for my FREE 3-Part Live Video Training Series, you can reserve your spot right here. Plus, you’ll also get my weekly newsletters and email notifications for when I go live.
With Grit & Grace, xo!
Tiffany aka Coach Glitter