Have you ever thought about being part of a big coaching group or a mastermind group? Maybe you’ve wondered what really is the big difference between a coaching group and a mastermind?
If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to be in a mastermind group, what it can do for your own personal brand biz and how to find a great one that is aligned with you, then you’re in the right place!
After spending an amazing week with James Wedmore’s Inner Circle Mastermind, which I’m in my fourth year in, I was reminded how being in a mastermind group has completely changed my life and my business!
In the video above, I share with you:
- How I put James Wedmore’s Inner Circle Mastermind on my vision board for a full year before I got in!
- How I didn’t exactly love it once I attended our first retreat because of a mega case of IMPOSTER SYNDROME!
- The massive mindset shifts, along with the personal growth I experienced, in order to build my business (and my life)!
- The massive differences between a coaching group and a mastermind!
How I put James Wedmore’s Inner Circle Mastermind on my vision board for a full year before I got in!
Back in 2015, I was first getting my feet wet in the online space as an affiliate marketer for other people’s digital products.
It was through these coaching groups that I created as a bonus for their digital products that I learned and discovered that I was crazy passionate about coaching! I started teaching people how to build a personal brand business, how to brand yourself, and how to do it on live video.
I was part of a few coaching groups, but wanted to uplevel and join a mastermind. In the process of looking for a mastermind with a coach who had the kind of lifestyle, not just the business that I wanted, I stumbled upon James Wedmore who changed my life!
But, when James began accepting applications for his Inner Circle Mastermind:
- I was too darn chicken to even give myself a chance!
- I didn’t even let myself be a contender!
- Even though I had my first of many breakthrough years in 2015, I didn’t even apply!
It turned out in later conversations I had with James that if I had applied back in 2015 I would have gotten in. I would have fast-forwarded my business. But that’s not what happened because I held myself back.
How I didn’t exactly love it once I attended our first retreat because of a mega case of IMPOSTER SYNDROME!
When I finally did apply I got in! During our first mastermind retreat in February of 2016, I had massive imposter syndrome, and here’s why:
- I did it before I felt ready! There is no date on the calendar labeled “ready”, so I stopped waiting to be ready.
- I did it before I thought my revenue in my online personal brand business was “high” enough! With a lot of mastermind groups, there are minimum requirements, but I stopped waiting for a magical revenue number.
- I did it before I fully believed I was even good enough to be in the room! I was the first one to apply and the first one to get in. Because of my mindset, I held myself back!
Although the story can end with how I manifested getting into the Inner Circle and how I made it happen, that’s not how my story started. Luckily that’s also not the end.
The massive mindset shifts, along with the personal growth I experienced, in order to build my business (and my life)!
Here I was in this amazing opportunity with these amazing people, but I was doubting myself. So, I decided to flip it around and stop questioning if I was good enough or meant to be in this room:
- I knew I needed to put the faith in myself! This is a skill that I have developed, and it is something that is essential if you want to be a successful entrepreneur.
- I worked on my mindset! You get to decide that you are worthy and trust that your mentors and coaches made the right decision.
- I reminded myself of my infinite possibilities! Regardless of how self-motivating you are, we all have those times when we need people to have our backs and remind us of our greatness.
Imagine being in a room with other people that no only see your blind spots, but they shine the light on your genius and brilliance! That is exactly what you do in a mastermind.
The massive differences between a coaching group and a mastermind!
I started off in several coaching groups before I got into a mastermind.
The reason that I want to talk about the massive differences between a coaching group and a mastermind is that the word “mastermind” is being overused and abused right now.
A coaching group:
- Generally does not have an application or an interview process. There are always exceptions and there are always hybrids.
- Typically, but not always there are minimal prior experience and income requirements.
- It’s usually structured around a core curriculum, like a course, a book, or a handbook that is delivered weekly, monthly, etc.
- It’s usually a larger group size. Though there are exceptions and there might be a team of coaches who assist.
- You might have in-person retreats and hot seats where you’re asking questions and getting instant feedback.
- There is usually a private or virtual community that comes in the form of text access or a private Facebook group.
- There is less direct access to the facilitator or the person who created it.
- Typically has a really thorough application, vetting, and interview process. A mastermind is only as powerful as the people that are in it. Who you attract is what creates the greatness in it.
- There is almost always a minimum annual revenue.
- There might be a requirement that you’re in a certain type of business (i.e. digital, brick-and-mortar). A powerful mastermind will have people from all different niches.
- It’s not curriculum-based, but based on business experience and revenue. There are strategies and tactics, but there is an expectation that you have the core foundations of a business.
- The longer a mastermind has been around the higher the bar is set for returning members as well as new members. With most great masterminds most people don’t leave, which means there are very few vacancies that are available.
- There is usually required travel in the form of in-person retreats. This is so important for digital CEOs, because it’s at these retreats where you have the most brilliant breakthroughs!
- Like a coaching group, you also have hot seats and private virtual community groups, as well as monthly calls.
Does this sound like something you’re going to put on your vision board and manifest?
Now that I have a completely different mindset than I did in 2015, I see that we are all infinite, untapped potential. It is our job to uncover, discover, and hone in on all the different secret sauces that God and the universe has blessed us with so that we can share it with the world! And, I wholeheartedly believe that the type of business owners that I surround myself with believe this as well.
Get on the Waitlist!
If that describes you, and you’re not currently a student of my group coaching program, Lights Camera Branding, get on my waitlist! We will be relaunching for the first time this year and it’s the only way to get into my back-end membership, which is my ongoing month-to-month group coaching program that gets first access to everything that I do. You can get on the waitlist at LightsCameraBranding.com.
With Grit & Grace, xoxo!
Tiffany aka Coach Glitter