We’re going to stop beating around the bush and talk about the big ole “F” word. It’s the most toxic word for any soul-driven, heart-centered entrepreneur from leveling up their brand, being seen and heard…
Fear is the F-word that holds entrepreneurs back despite their inner stirring, an unexplainable calling, and dreams to create their own business on their own terms. It’s why you keep starting and stopping on new goals, projects, and business pursuits especially when it comes to LIVE VIDEO!
After coaching thousands and thousands of online business owners I’ve recognized a lot of the same patterns.
I know the fear can be very real to be in front of the camera with YOU as the face of your brand! So no more ignoring it.
Let’s do something about it and chat about the #1 Most important thing you ACTUALLY need to finally show up and show up CONSISTENTLY on Live Video (and all areas of your business).
Here’s a sneak peek of what we talked about:
- [4:44] What really gets me up on the toughest of days!
- [10:58] The great news about fear and not knowing what topics to share!
- [13:26] The funniest thing that happened the first time I spoke on stage!
- [19:06] Where 80% of success comes from!
- [20:50] The #1 thing you need to do anything in your business!
- [29:06] What you can do to experience transformation in your business!
- [36:34] What successful entrepreneurs do!
- [38:17] What happens when you see yourself the same way others do!
What Really Helps Me to Get Up on the Toughest of Days
I get to learn from and work with many powerhouse business owners behind the scenes on many big national shows like Good Morning America and Ellen. What makes me get up in the morning even when I’m having a really tough day… the kind of day where I just want to stay in bed and throw the sheets over my head is to focus on the thousands and thousands of students I get to work with.
If right now you’re going through the thick of it, one thing to remember is that our mess will one day become our message. I know it’s cliche, but it’s a cliche because it’s true. So, do your best to show up because often times when you do you just feel better.
The Great News About Fear and Not Knowing What Topics to Share
We can’t grow if we don’t understand where we’re currently at and the things that are holding us back. The great news is that your fears and not knowing what topics to share are the easiest things to overcome.
It’s not the trolls or the mean people that are holding you back. Often times it’s ourselves!
Here’s how to shift your focus and get out of your own head to put an end to overthinking:
- Think about how many people you’ve made an impact on,
- How many people actually made a comment about how you look or sound,
- Even if that has happened that’s probably less than 1% of the 99% of people that love you and that is an awesome FACT, right?
The Funniest Thing That Happened the First Time I Spoke on Stage
I was the person who worked behind the scenes as a makeup artist and wardrobe stylist at these big conferences and personal development events. I started to ask myself why the heck can’t I do this? I had no concrete idea what I was going to do, but I had a stirring in my belly.
As I slowly started to tiptoe into personal and business development, I got the opportunity to speak for the first time on a big stage. I was scared and my heart was beating so fast as I prepared to walk onto the stage that the sound crew said they could hear my heartbeat through my headset mic.
The moment I stepped onstage the fog machine malfunctioned and there was so much smoke that I thought I had died. After the fog lifted I realized that I was not in fact dead, but had a duty and a job to fulfill. I did the dang thing and it wasn’t perfect, but I did it and I crushed it! You can too!
To hear more about how I went from working behind the scenes to speaking on stage skip ahead to 13:26.
Where 80% of Success Comes From
I talk a lot about the tech, the tools, and the tips, but what really creates success is doing the inner work and adopting a growth mindset.
This is so important because you’re not born with a growth mindset. You adopt a growth mindset.
Most unsuccessful entrepreneurs don’t believe in abundance. They think that life, business, money, and success are like a pie:
- If someone took a piece of the pie that means that there is less pie for you.
- But that’s not true. There’s simply an endless number of pies!
- That’s why it’s not about the tech and the tools. That’s the easy peasy stuff you can learn but the real work to achieve success is truly about adopting a growth mindset.
The #1 Thing You Need to Go Live… or Do Anything in Your Business
The #1 thing you need to go live (or do anything in your business) is to know what your Core Driver is – your why! You have too many lives to impact, too many people to help, and too many things that God put you on this Earth to do. So it is your duty to show up.
You can start by asking yourself these really important questions:
Let’s be honest, when was the last time that you slowed down to speed up? Are you on a “dread-mill” or feeling like you’re stuck in a hamster wheel wondering why:
- Your business isn’t growing.
- You’re not making more impact.
- You’re not being asked to do collaborations.
- You’re not speaking on other people’s stages.
If so, it’s time to take action by asking yourself these really important questions. Because, when you do, you will chip away at the fog and bring out the clarity.
What You Can Do To Experience Transformation In Your Business
More important than learning the thing, I want you to have transformation by doing the thing. This is how you go from ideation to activation.
Grab a sheet of paper or a notebook and fill in the blanks:
- My business needs me to show up by doing: Write down three specific answers on how you’re going to show up. Quantify it and put a date on it. When you recognize where you’re at you know better so you can do better.
- So that I can: So that are two of my favorite words because you need to get to that core message and core why. Write down the tangible results you want to achieve.
- Bonus tip: Regardless of where you’re at in your business, the thing that all successful entrepreneurs have in common is that their “so that” goes beyond their current inner circle, their family, or their friends. As you grow and evolve it starts to become a cause that is bigger than yourself. Your why will continue to evolve and grow as YOU evolve and grow!
Skip ahead to 29:06 to hear some fill-in-the-blank examples and ways to experience transformation in your business.
What Successful Entrepreneurs Do
After the year that we all survived and thrived through in 2020, the one thing that I know for sure is that successful entrepreneurs take Radical Responsibility. It’s so much easier to quit and go back to the life that you know.
Successful entrepreneurs take radical responsibility because they know it can change the trajectory of their business and life. They do so by:
- Not blaming everyone else.
- Doing the hard things even if means taking tiny baby steps forward. Forward movement is forward movement and that’s momentum no matter how slow you go!
- Moving into spaces that are filled with more possibilities.
What Happens When You See Yourself the Same Way Others Do
More than ever it’s not about outward appearances, but being true to who you are and being unapologetic about who you are.
If you could only see yourself the way that others do you would be unstoppable:
- Shift your focus away from the haters and the people who judge us. Don’t give them your power or attention!
- The reality is that the vast majority of people want to see you win.
- The people who need you will thank you for showing up.
When you continue to show up you will see the amazing ripple effect that you make and then you have no excuse not to show up! It all starts with getting out of your own way because once you do you’ll be able to show up on live video and in your business.
Get On the Waitlist
If you’re not already on my VIP waitlist for Lights Camera Branding, you can reserve a spot here. Plus, you’ll also get my weekly newsletter and email notifications for when I go live.
With Grit & Grace, xo!
Tiffany aka Coach Glitter