If you’re like me and I bet we are a lot alike, you’re building your Personal or Lifestyle Brand in the online space! That probably means you’re taking a whole lot of pictures and even more importantly, doing a ton of live videos as part of your overall social media strategy to grow your visibility faster! There’s no better way than Live Video for your audience to get to know, like & trust you and that’s who we do business with, right?! Plus it simultaneously helps develop your own voice, teaching/coaching style, improve your speaking skills and so much more. That’s why i’ve been obsessed with it for awhile and also teach it in my course, Lights Camera Branding! which will be opening again in the late winter/early spring!
I know how nerve wracking it can be to show up on video especially if you prefer to hide behind the camera. Yeah, I did that for most of my career as a professional makeup artist, wardrobe stylist and set designer. Plus I totally get how we can pick ourselves apart even though in reality, NO ONE notices those things. So here’s my super quickie touch-up rundown I personally do to get my skin looking camera ready in just a few minutes plus one bonus hair tip!
- Clean Up Under Eye Area: This is where a touch up with concealer can go really far and do double duty to get rid of any smudges from eye makeup and also to brighten your eyes on camera! You can use whatever you personally already own and love but I always use the YSL Touche Eclat which is a hybrid concealer and highlighter in one! I’ve been using this both professionally and personally for over 15 years and will never be without it. It’s often imitated but still to this day, never duplicated… (like us!) FYI, I recommend using the Original #1 shade for anyone from the fairest fair to about Medium Tan skin. For deeper skin tones I would go about 2 shades lighter to use this product as I do as a highlighter/concealer hybrid combo. Because it’s so very lightweight and blends on top of makeup, even powdered makeup, it’s unlike typical thick concealers. It’s truly a magical and unique product! Click HERE for more info!
- Spot Conceal the Face: If you have any breakouts, redness, melasma or anything else that you want to give a little extra coverage, I usually just spot conceal vs. applying extra foundation on the entire face. I find the best product to put over already applied makeup is It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation especially if you have a big hormonal breakout like I frequently get! Click HERE for details!
- De-SHINE: A little shiny glow in person translates to oil slick on video especially if you’re using beauty lighting! My favorite to de-shine is the talc-free pressed Bye Bye Pores compact from It Cosmetics. Glow on the perimeter is perfectly fine but especially down the center of the face you want to be matte when you’re on camera. Click HERE for more info!
- Add Dimension: We can often look really flat and featureless on camera or maybe you’re like me and you tend to get bloated which shows up in your face! This is how you can add those bones back in, give your face more shape without spending hours contouring with cream or liquid products that are more tedious to blend flawlessly and add some glowing OOMPH back into your face! Click HERE! for the It Cosmetics Face Disc or if you want the full sha-bang with an easy to apply powder contour/highlight kit, click HERE for the It Cosmetics You Sculpted Palette!
- Set it & Forget it: If you have oilier skin and find yourself getting super shiny on camera maybe because of the nerves which just makes it worse, click HERE to check out DeSlick from Urban Decay. If you’re on the normal to drier side and want to help add more overall glow as well as quickly get rid of that powdery look from your makeup, check out my fav from Caudalie Beauty Elixir Spray HERE which is like a spa in a bottle!
- Poof Up That Flat Hair: This is a bonus tip and not skin related but…flat hair can look extra greasy and lifeless on camera so this is something I always do! I fluff up my hair at the root because you may know by now how obsessed I am with big, beautiful, voluminous hair and of course I was born with the exact opposite kind! But here’s my secret sauce for lifting at the root of the problem! This powder not only adds a bit of grit but it also helps absorb excess oil. Warning! You only need a tiny sprinkle to get major lift off so don’t waste the product! Click HERE for deets!
Tiffany aka Coach Glitter
**DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for some of the products that I recommend on my blog. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a small commission. You will NEVER pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a discount or bonuses/Gift With Purchase not available elsewhere. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps support this blog so I can continue to offer you lots of great free information. 🙂 Thank you, in advance for your support!